Legally, the property debt is what you must pay, as a citizen, for a property based on its cadastral valuation. It is considered a municipal tax that is paid to the treasury of each municipality, according to where the property is located.
Technology has made it easier to see how much you owe and how to pay it, you just have to follow the steps that we mention below.
1) Go to the official page of the Secretariat of Administration and Finance of Mexico City and select the icon of Property in the Debits box .
2) Within there are two ways of consulting payments made: a search by capture line or by date, box and item . If you have any questions about the concept of payment, the Secretariat puts at your disposal an information table.
3) To obtain your cadastral key , it can be found on the previous year’s receipt or in the invitation letter that you will receive at your home address. If you have a question, go to the Treasury or a care unit near your home to help you.
4) Print your payment form and check right there from which banks, department stores, pharmacies and convenience stores to choose you can do it.
5) Pay the amount (bimonthly or a single issue). Remember that if you are a pensioner, retired or elderly, accounts with a discount on the property debt. To make it valid, go to the Property Department in the Retired and Pensioners area and meet the requirements .
6) Finally, after two business days , check that the payment is registered in the system. You just have to type the capture line .
In this way you have paid the property tax that the government asks of you and you will have the security of being up to date with all your debts.